Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Feeling Like A Train Wreck

Great article from Boundless.org on issue of grief and loss:


Like anyone grieving a loss, I felt like a train wreck at times. Why hadn't we gotten our miracle? Everyone kept saying we would. What went wrong? I needed my mom. Didn't God understand that? 
I've learned that grieving does not have a time frame; it's more of a day-by-day process and can be done as long as needed.
Someone told me not to grieve – "She's in heaven; you should rejoice." But a deep connection had been severed. I couldn't help but cry. Some days I couldn't stop crying. Sometimes when I would try to confide in others about how I was feeling, they would change the subject, almost as if they were afraid of the subject of grief or didn't want to bring me any more pain. I felt alone at times. 
But again God never left my side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment